Tuesday, June 21, 2011

089. Try 20 new recipes - Cookies & Cupcakes

I quite fancy myself to be quite the baker nowadays, I've been trying out different things for a few weeks now.

Firstly, I adapted a chocolate chip cookie recipe to be a bit more fun! I added lemon flavouring, white chocolate chips and some citrus sugar strands into the cookie mixture. There was a lot of cookie dough, when baking the cookies merged together to form, more-or-less, one giant cookie on the sheet! Amazing.

White Choc & Lemon Cookies

It was then my birthday, so James bought me the latest Hummingbird Bakery baking book - Cake Days. The first recipes I wanted to try was for the soda cupcakes in orange and cola. I bought the syrups from Soda Stream and all the equipment needed and set about the mixing! I finished the orangeade and cola cupcakes in time to take to work and spoil everyone for my birthday (surely that's not right?).

Hummingbird Bakery - Orangeade Cupcakes Hummingbird Bakery - Orangeade Cupcakes

I think the orange ones came out great, especially when frosted and decorated with jelly beans!

Hummingbird Bakery - Orangeade Cupcakes Hummingbird Bakery - Orangeade Cupcakes

The cola ones also looked good and were the ones that made my work colleagues most curious.

Hummingbird Bakery - Cola Cupcakes Hummingbird Bakery - Cola Cupcakes

Next up will be Red Velvet Cupcakes - always wanted to try making those! I also have a lime ready to zest and the lime Soda Stream syrup - limeade cupcakes, anyone?

1 comment:

Post a Comment