Thursday, December 29, 2011

036. Buy a dressing table and finish the guest room


IKEA Hemnes Dressing Table IKEA Hemnes 6 Drawers

After a day shopping in Westfield Stratford and a stay over in an Essex Travelodge it was time for a visit to IKEA to finally buy a dressing table and drawers. The time has come to finish the 'guest room' and get it looking pretty and organised, just like we did with the office last Christmas.

I settled on the perfect IKEA Hemnes dressing table and chest of 6 drawers to match. We have Hemnes living room furniture as well, it's one of the series that IKEA make that's solid wood and it's important for us to have long lasting as well as good looking furniture.

Unfortunately the Lakeside branch had sold out of the dressing table, but we did manage to get the all important chest of drawers. So much more about tidying the guest room is about replacing my broken drawers and organising all my things into a new set of drawers that it was more important we came away with those.

We also picked up an Ingolf chair to go with my dressing table (when we order it online) and a few other bits such as frames and three packs of the Skubb boxes for inside my new drawers.

When everything has arrived, been assembled and is looking perfectly tidy, I will share more pics! The above pics were taken in store today, I really love the fairy lights around the mirror! I think that might be a step to far.....

3 comments:

Wild Things Grow Here said...

That is such a pretty dressing table!
http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.com/

Candise said...

I love that dressing table. The pink and white is just lovely!

Unknown said...

Hi Candise,
I loved both above pieces and the pink and white combination is really looking beautiful. I would love to have white dressing tables for my girl and with pink combination as well.

Post a Comment