Sunday, December 30, 2012

Movie: The Hobbit

We'd been down in London for some sale shopping, as is our new tradition after Boxing Day. After about five hours of shopping we weren't quite ready to go back to the hotel and stay in all afternoon/evening, so instead we used our time to watch a movie. We had been watching the second LOTR movie in the hotel the night before so it was already on our minds and probably the only thing we wanted to see that was playing in Stratford - we chose The Hobbit.
I had started to read the book years ago when the first of the LOTR movies came out, I remember my dad bought me the book - he never bought me anything all by himself, so that memory always sticks out. I didn't finish the book (shock) but had some gist of the story before going into the movie. I did my best to prepare James by telling him it was about Gandalf taking Bilbo out on an adventure with a bunch of dwarves to fight a dragon, meanwhile Bilbo picks up 'The Ring' on a meeting with Gollum. That's pretty much the first film summed up, I can't believe it's one book into three movies but I'm looking forward to the rest of the series - I forgot how much I loved the LOTR movies (the third one is on TV this weekend, I'll be watching!).

No comments:

Post a Comment