Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Movie: Lincoln

As soon as I saw that this movie was coming out I knew I had to see it. I never studied American history in school, it's not something we did pre-GCSE at all, so my knowledge of those times comes from TV documentaries, movies and things I've read. I feel like I need to consume as much as possible about history in any part of the world, I find it fascinating. I do have a deep appreciation from British and European history but there's just something about American history I can't help but be drawn into and I want to learn as much as I can about it. That's why I wanted to see Lincoln, and that's why I'll probably - if given the change - watch that movie again. I thought it was great, so easy to forget it was acting and believe you were really watching history.

No comments:

Post a Comment