Wednesday, October 05, 2011

013. Eat at 10 new restaurants (4/10)


James and I had tickets to see Lee Evans at the O2 in London on September 30, before the show started we wanted to get dinner in one of the restaurants at the arena. The doors were due to open at 6:30pm, and we didn't arrive at the arena until after 5 so we thought that we'd end up queuing for a decent place to eat. Tucked round the corner behind a horrible display (probably left over from the Millennium Dome days) was a restaurant called Armadillo. The food was mostly American/Mexican, so a steak and fries suited me fine. Being quite out of the way it wasn't busy at all. At first my steak came out way under cooked, we sent it back to the kitchen. I got a new steak cooked just how I like it and even got a free bottle of Dr Pepper (this saved us buying a drink in the arena). It was nice, expensive, but nice. We'd already had fries for lunch at a Little Frankie's by Trafalgar Square, so I didn't get to try desserts!

By the time we were finishing our dinner queues had started to form outside Pizza Express just opposite. I can't imagine queuing for a restaurant table.....

No comments:

Post a Comment