Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Day In The Life - October 22 2011

This 'A Day In The Life' was inspired by a project at sh1ft.org - we were asked to record our October 22 2011, in 24 photos or less.

We had travelled up to Liverpool on Friday October 21 for a long weekend away. We had tickets to see Jessie J on Saturday October 22, this is my day.

Taking advantage of not having to be up early for work or an absurd international Formula One race, we laid in until after 8am (probably not most people's idea of a lie-in, but for us it was good). Breakfast in our hotel room courtesy of our mini kitchen, complete with fridge. By 10:30am we were ready to go.



Our plan was to head straight down to the Albert Dock and spend time walking around that area.



We did one lap of the Albert Dock and started the indoor exploration with the TATE Liverpool gallery. Now, I'm not a gallery type of person, I really only like the gift shops!



Dressed for winter, the TATE was incredibly warm! I was bored and there wasn't much to see so we moved onto the next, which was the Merseyside Maritime Museum. In there was the International Slavery Museum, which was the most interesting part. I also enjoyed the Titantic exhibitions, I cannot believe it is almost 100 years since the disaster.



By 1pm we were ready for some food and drink. After walking past a few of closed the restaurants earlier, they were now open for lunch, so we wandered back around the dock to find somewhere suitable. We ended up at the Miller & Carter Steakhouse knowing that they will definitely cater for my picky eating. I chose to have a grilled chicken breast burger and James ordered a beefburger, both plain with no sauce, no cheese and no mayo. When our food finally arrived my chicken was covered in bacon and barbecue sauce! James and I swapped plates, so I ended up with his beefburger and he enjoyed the free sauce and bacon that should've been paid extras. The service staff were also terrible! We felt ignored and sat with dirty plates on our table a long time after we'd finished eating. We tried everything, making eye contact with the waitresses just got us a blank response or a 'how are you' before wandering away. James had to literally flag down a waitress to take away the plates and bring us the bill so we could leave. Terrible! And it wasn't even busy.



After lunch we went to take a look at the Liverpool Wheel. It was very windy and the cabs seemed to sway a little bit too much for me. It's so small compared to the London Eye, it just scared me. So we just looked and left.



We'd walked past a confectionery shop round the Albert Dock and near that was the Funky Shake Bar - they made milkshakes out of chocolate bars! James chose a simple Rolo milkshake, I went for a special for just £1 extra! It was called 'Bubbles' - it contained Daim bar, Galaxy chocolate and was topped with Maltesers. Amazing!



By 3pm we were back at the hotel for sit down and rest before heading back out to the Jessie J gig. I enjoyed some iPad Twitter time and a read of my magazine.



All I wanted to do was stay in a have a nap, but it was time to put my face on ready to go out.



Not bad!



Converse on, the only type of footwear suitable to gigs at Universities! 5:45pm, we're out.



On the walk to the University we stopped off for food in Subway. Mine was a 6 inch chicken on hearty Italian bread, toasted, with lettuce and red onion. Yum.



We queued outside the venue for 45 minutes. So glad I took my hat, scarf and gloves - it was very chilly. Some girls who were queuing near us were just wearing dresses, no coat, cardigan or tights! WHAT!



We changed our chosen position for Jessie J a couple of times once we were inside. I always knew I was going to have a hard time seeing her when she got on stage, I don't generally do standing tickets for gigs but that was all that was available. She looked and sounded great, love the purple hair! And there was confetti at the end, shaped like hearts!



We got back to the hotel at 11pm, after a quick stop in Tesco for some chocolate and Mountain Dew. Aching feet from the walking, standing and dancing - glad to get those shoes off and relax.



Checked Twitter before bed. Jessie J loved her loud Liverpool crowd - yeah, that was me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day, thanks for sharing, I think this is one of the best so far! :)

Post a Comment