Saturday, August 18, 2012

014. Go to a movie alone

Back in May I spent a day shopping in London the day before meeting my friends for a catch up. I intended to finish the day of shopping with a solo trip to the cinema partly to fulfill this on my 101 list but also to see Disney's Beauty and the Beast on the big screen for the first time in years!

I queued for ages to get my ticket at Vue Westfield Stratford, but with plenty of time for the start of the screening - I even had time for bit more of a wander and to grab some food before the movie started. Buying food didn't really go that well, I didn't end up with my hot dog - the service at the food counter was so slow and ridiculous that the woman in front of me slammed her money on the desk and didn't even wait for acknowledgment from the sales assistant. Rightly slow, it was just so bad! Anyway, I ended up with a bag of chocs and a large cup of cola.

It was finally time to take my seat! Turns out row B was right at the front, not the back! Row B in the Norwich Vue is at the back, so I have to be forgiven for not sitting in my allocated seat - I did have to move for a family, but sat one seat up instead. Ads and trailers started and that was great, some of the trailers seemed a bit questionable for a screening of a Disney movie but we went along with it, until...

Until the movie 'American Pie: Reunion' started playing! That is not a movie suitable for 5-year-olds! We all left the screening, much to my embarrassment - I was hoping to sit alone and enjoy the movie without being seen as one of those 'losers' who goes alone! haha. Especially because of the movie it was!

The cinema had cancelled the showing but were still selling tickets for it, they hadn't even advertised the new showing of the 'American Pie' movie either. After much hoo-haa and speaking to managers, angry mothers and their tiny children made it back into the theatre for the movie to start again.

I didn't go back in, I chickened out of the whole experience, got my refund, hopped on the Tube and headed back to my hotel in Epping. It had been a long day and I was actually pretty tired. 

Such a shame, but I think I'm going to count this as complete. Such a disastrous experience, I don't want to go through that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment