Saturday, August 18, 2012

086. Make a birthday cake for someone

Team GB Cupcakes omnom

Two desk buddies at work had their birthdays one day after the other last weekend, so to celebrate I thought I'd brush off my cupcake skills and make something for them. It had to be GB themed with all the accessories I have to use up now the Jubilee and Olympics are both over!

It was like a little British tea party, which my Canadian desk buddy very much enjoys! We had a glass of Schloer for a little toast. The Schloer looked very much like wine!

I made just a 'plain' vanilla cake from the Humminbird Bakery 'Cake Days' book and whipped up some icing with the scraps of icing sugar and butter I had left - didn't go too badly and the cupcakes were a success (as always!).

Next time I make cupcakes I'd like a bit more time to make something a bit more interesting than just vanilla!

1 comment:

aszle said...

Those look so yummy!

Post a Comment