Saturday, August 18, 2012

094. Meet up with my Uni friends five times (2/5)

Kings Cross London Platform 9 3/4 Forbidden Planet Rain in London Sweets in Hamleys Mini Cupcake from Lola in London Selfridges New Vans Time for home

It had been way too long since I'd met up with my friends, although I did see Katy back in February when we sent a couple of nights in Hull. I hadn't seen Steve and Vicki since we went to Peterborough last July, which is a very long time!

We always try to pick a location that's as equal distance as possible from all of us, me being out in Norfolk means that's a bit hard because there's nothing really close to me - other than London...

So, London it was! I'm 2 hours away and so was Vicki, Katy and Steve were a bit over 3 hours from Hull but it was direct so not that much of a pain. I'd actually been shopping and tried to see a movie the night before so had booked myself into a hotel in Epping that James and I had done before at Christmas time when we planned a double attack on Westfield Stratford and IKEA during the sales!

We met up at Kings Cross train station, the newly renovated section is amazing and platform 9 & 3/4 is actually real - who knew! Not everyone made it, Vicki got caught in traffic and missed her booked train - to buy another ticket was about £80, so she stayed home very sad, so Katy, Steve and I went on.

One of the must-go-to-places for comic fans like them was Forbidden Planet on Shaftsbury Avenue - a heavenly place for all who love comics, anime and general sci-fi goodness. It rained while we were inside which meant my worn out Crocs couldn't cope with the slippy surfaces and a trip to Office for a new pair of Vans was required. With dry and comfy feet we then had lunch at GBK and shopped some more around Selfridges for Lola's cupcakes and even visited Hamleys to stare at the gorgeous sweets and buy teddy bears. By the time we ready to say goodbye we'd had a great day catching up and buying some cool new things.

I still plan to meet up with Vicki soon, hopefully in September, because it's been well over a year now since I've seen her - I'm sure we have lots to catch up with! We're both aunts now, so it'll be fun to swap baby stories.

I think our next group meet up will probably be around Christmas time - I wonder what city it will be next time? I'm thinking I may have to travel up north and stay in a hotel to really make travelling not so much of a pain as it's been in the past - and to make sure we go somewhere new and not the same ol' places all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment