Thursday, February 10, 2011

020. Go to a live comedy show

020.Go to a live comedy show On Wednesday February 9, James and I went to Nottingham to see Russell Howard at the Capital FM Arena.

James had booked the Wednesday and Thursday off work, while I only had one day of holiday to take so I split mine into half days - I worked Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon. We go the train from Norwich to Nottingham, which runs straight through with no changes, on Wednesday lunchtime. We checked into the Travelodge on Maid Marian Way. Our room was obnoxiously large and was technically a family room, complete with sofas. The view we had was pretty amazing and I'm glad I had my camera for it.

After a bit of a relax and some rubbish afternoon TV quiz shows we got ready for dinner which consisted of burgers at the Walkabout which, lucky for us, was only round the corner from the hotel! James had never eaten at one and always wanted to try their kangaroo dishes. He settled for a kangaroo burger and I went with just a regular ol' beef burger and a Cherry Cola cocktail.

Russell's show was so amazing, but the thing is I can never remember anything from it! As the jokes were coming and the stories came out I wanted to hold on to them so badly so I could retell a few at work the next day, but nothing! It's the same with music gigs, I know the songs were played but remembering the order of the setlist always fails me! The good news is that the DVD for the show will be out in November, I can buy that and relive the jokes over and over again!

We had a great time and felt very tired after the train journeys and long days, especially because I had to work as well! Our next comedy show is Lee Evans at London's O2 Arena at the end of September - cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment