Saturday, April 09, 2011

Awake. Ill. Can't Sleep.

It's 5am in the morning, on a Saturday - yes, the weekend and I'm awake at this time. Awake but not out of choice. I think I've been awake for about an hour, maybe more? Yesterday I thought my hay fever allergy had come out and made an appearance for the year - the weather was so good yesterday, I'm not surprised.

I've had a sore throat for a few days and now I have a stuffed up nose. I've taken some medication and a hay fever tablet in the hopes that they get rid of my symptoms long enough to sleep. I'm waiting for that to kick in at the moment.

Being ill is not the only reason that I can't sleep. I've recently been promoted to Supervisor of a new team at work and there are some uncertainties and new things I've taken on that are just worrying me. Worrying me because I'm just a little bit afraid of making the wrong decisions. I'm also afraid that all the teams are changing so much that what I used to do is now being done by someone else and that I wasn't 'good enough' to do that and too good to be lowered down. GAH. I'm ill and it's 5am, I ramble and make no sense.

I won't know for sure what's going to happen and what I will and won't be doing until Monday when all the changes are supposed to take effect. Experience has shown me that getting my worries, concerns and fears out of my head and onto a blog or journal have always helped in the past, getting it all out there and admitting these things should bring me some good karma and wash the worries away!

Hopefully I can get a few hours sleep now before the Formula One Malaysian GP, qualifying starts at 8am. I might even delete this post later today, unless this kind of personal stuff is interesting for you and the kind of thing you'd like to see with my 101?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog cause you put so much of you in all of it. It is very special.

I was a supervisor on my last jobs. That meant a lot of more hours - and I expected the opposite to happen - I love being a lieder. I always enjoyed it. But in my last Job because I was so crappy at it and they promote me anyway I just burn out. No good. You don't seem like a quitter.you seem to try your hardest. I am sure all will be ok.

Post a Comment