Sunday, January 01, 2012

No Buy January 2011

I did mean to have a No Buy month during October, but with so many events during October and November plus Christmas, it didn't really happen! So, here we are at the start of a new year and a new month, it's the perfect time to start fresh.

Welcome to No Buy January! I've done a full month's worth of spending between Christmas and New Year, I'm still waiting for some purchases to be delivered! While the point of a No Buy month is to not spend a penny, that's not possible really, is it? So, I'm going to try to spend as little as possible instead. Back in May I managed to achieve 16 complete No Buy days - that's over half the month. I did spend quite a lot but what I did buy was noted down and I was aware of where the money went (mostly on hotels, train tickets and our London 2012 tickets!).

During January we have one trip to London planned for an Ed Sheeran gig and I have a haircut and colour booked, but apart from that we don't have anywhere to go and no reason to spend masses of money. Plus, we want to spend our evenings after work in the gym instead of lounging at home for too long, this means less time for me to be browsing the online shops!

I'm going to aim at matching, if not beating, those 16 No Buy days I achieved in May. Time to lock up the debit card, let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment