Saturday, February 02, 2013

Framing Instagram Prints

Finished Instagram Frame

I knew that end of my Project 365 I wanted to do something with the pictures and not just keep them online, I actually wanted to print them out and frame them as a reminder of all the wonderful things we saw and did during 2012.

I chose to print my pictures via Printstagram and highly recommend the service - excellent quality prints, packaged brilliantly and delivered so quickly! They now offer ready framed prints, but I wanted to frame them myself and after finding the perfect size frame at BHS, I was ready to go.

Working out the best way to start was tricky, but how do you tile a kitchen/bathroom floor? You start from the middle and work out, so that's what I did. I ended up with a few wonky bits but once altogether the effect of the mosaic hides those tiny imperfections - plus the imperfections actually make the project truly personal and I love it.

The finished frame is now hung in my office where I can gaze lovingly at it every day, I also have another set of prints and an empty frame to work on this weekend - I had printed a bunch of makeup, nail polish and manicure snaps to make up something for my dressing room. I'll probably capture a bit of a framing tutorial on how I do it and write about that on my other blog, What Cheryl Did.

1 comment:

aszle said...

That looks amazing! I want one!

Post a Comment