Friday, February 01, 2013

Book: 'Insurgent' by Veronica Roth

I started reading this book in November, probably because I had a couple of London train journies coming up that month and in December as well. I find I read a lot more when travelling, I don't tend to read at home unless I'm completely engrossed in a book - this doesn't happen often. By my standards to finish this book in January is me reading very fast, although I did have some breaks that were weeks long before picking it up again.

All that aside I am so glad I got back into this and read half of the book in less than two weeks because I had to finish it, I had to find out what was going to happen to Tris! I sped through 'Divergent' and probably would've done the same with 'Insurgent' if it weren't for my bad reading habits. Just like 'The Hunger Games' the story is something that could come true in the future of the human race, that just makes it so fascinating! The movie for 'Divergent' is out next year and book three to his trilogy is out in the autumn of 2013 - I can't wait!

1 comment:

aszle said...

I wasn't impressed with this, maybe I'm too old for this type of stories but there was something rather annoying in all those kids running around with guns and stuff! lol I absolutely loved The Hunger Games though.

Post a Comment