Saturday, February 05, 2011

022. Watch 100 never-seen-before movies (3/100)

James and I watched Avatar tonight. We never saw it at the cinema in 3D, there just seemed like so much hype surrounded the film that in the end I was kind of put off from watching it. It premiered on TV at Christmas time, we recorded it and have just got around to being in the mood to give it a go.

It was definitely a film made for the 3D experience, you could really see where the 3D would've looked amazing on the big screen. There's no denying that it's a beautifully made film, I'm just sad that the story wasn't something more amazing as well. Bits of it reminded me of a cartoon movie I saw when I was younger called Ferngully: The Last Rainforest. Other parts have comparisons to Pocahontas, which have been pointed out by others!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved Avatar. Not for the story but for the images. Plus I also loved Pocahontas =)

Post a Comment